Friday, November 11, 2011

Week 8

This week we have been talking about Crises and how we can cope with them individually and as a family. We had to list 10 crises that either we've had or other people that we know. I had a hard time trying to think of 10 crises and how they affected my family or the other families. What constitutes as a crisis and how did it change the family? One that I could like of is that my youngest brother has epilepsy and this has changed my family considerably since he was born. My family has learned how to take care of him, to defend him, and be there for him. At first it was very hard to understand that we had a "handicap" in our family because of how epilepsy affects his learning. My family had to pull together to be able to help him and to support him. Also we're more understanding of disabilities because no one else in my immediate family has one. We love him and we had to learn that there's just some things that he can't comprehend at this time in his life and how rough it is for him. What's affected him most is his medication and how it affects his moods which has been very difficult. My family has been better off because of this continuing trial in our lives- it's not going to go away and we hope that it's going to get better as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment