Sunday, November 20, 2011

Week 9

This week we have been talking about whether or not mothers should stay home or work outside the home. This is a topic that is very touchy and is unique for every family and frankly every mother. I personally think that if it's necessary for a women to work then she has to and there's no other way around it. I know it's important for the mother to be home and to raise her children, but for myself I know that I wouldn't be able to just stay home and not be doing something. I'd get very bored and unfilled with my life. For some other women they would be too overwhelmed with just raising the kids. It's different for every women and family. It's important to realize that you can't generalize for an entire population. Even the study that we discussed in class that only looked at a small population of women- that isn't enough to go off to make a general conclusion. There needs to be a study that's statistically sound so we can believe the evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment