Saturday, October 22, 2011

Week 5

This week I have been thinking a lot about my family and how we all are different, but similar to each other. As I've been working on the Genogram project and really getting to know my family, it has opened my eyes to how things carry forward through generations. It's even been crazy to see the similarities between my parents families even though they're not even related to each other. I have enjoyed hearing stories about my relatives and as I've been talking to them it's made us think about each other on a whole different level than we hadn't before. When I was looking at my immediate family and how our relationships are with one another, it's made me want to change somethings in my own life. I know that I need to develop more closeness with my siblings and really focus on that so that our family dynamic can change. It's really helped me see how one person can and has really made a difference in my immediate and extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment